Thursday, July 8, 2010

Treasures

The last month I have been reading through the gospels during my quiet time. It has been so powerful! Today as I was reading I came across a familiar passage but it really hit home!

Mark 13:31 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Far to often I find myself at stores or shopping online looking for the next greatest camping or hiking equipment or looking at cars or boats that I neither need or can afford. lol I can't imagine how much money i have spent over the years on things that i either don't have anymore or were used for a few days then discarded. I personally and we as a nation put so much emphasis on the things of this world!

Matthew 6:20 tells us, "But store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

It is my prayer that i stop focusing on the useless temporary things that this world has to offer and that I focus on the everlasting word of God. That instead of dedicating my time to buying clothes and looking for things that I do not need that I will dedicate myself to reading, praying, worshiping and serving the God who created all that we have in the first place.

Shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment