Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love of money




Lately I have been finding myself consumed with the idea of money. How can I get more of it? what can I spend it on? How much can I save? How much needs to go to this bill or that bill? If I'm not careful I find myself thinking constantly about one thing...Money.

Then there are the times when I spend money on things that seem ordinary and everyday to us in America. But, when I think about it is it something that is really ordinary or that I should use my money on?

Do I really need a $5 cup of coffee?

Do I really need to eat out twice a day?

Do I really need that latest electronic?

Not to say that there is anything wrong with buying ourselves something or treating yourself to your favorite caffeine filled beverage.

But do we even bat an eyelash at the idea that when we do this their our people around the world who might see $5 a week?

I've heard a preacher say that if you make $37,000 a year that you are in the top 4% of wage earners alive today.

The majority of the world lives on less than $2 a day...

& still we want more and it can consume us thinking about how to get more!

Do we need money? YES

But too many of us today complain that we are broke or can't afford to help this cause or give to God's Kingdom while we sit in our homes, watching our 55" inch TV & order pizza from our Ipads!

Do we need to love money?

The answer to that is clear and I refuse to let me money be on my mind continually.

I want to turn my money matters to God and let Him take care of it.

Let Him show me how to use it.

"He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity." Proverbs 5:10

If you love money you will not satisfied!

Focus your time, talents, energy and yes...Money on the kingdom of God and find satisfaction.

Don't love money...

Shine On,
Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment